About Virginia Hospital Center Foundation
With more than 70 years of service to Northern Virginia and Washington, DC residents, Virginia Hospital Center is built upon philanthropy. Our story dates back to 1930’s when five women’s clubs joined together to raise $100 to start the Arlington Hospital Association. This small community project went on to become a 100-bed hospital which has grown over the decades to be the Virginia Hospital Center of today.
As our story illustrates, philanthropy is fueled by a vision and desire to meet the healthcare needs of our community. Virginia Hospital Center thrives on community involvement. To that end, in 2007, the Virginia Hospital Center reestablished its charitable foundation – The Virginia Hospital Center Foundation.
Since 2007, Virginia Hospital Center Foundation has partnered with our community to advance medical excellence through philanthropy. More than 5,000 individuals, families, corporations, and foundations have chosen to support our mission, providing cumulative support of more than $27 million.
Donors help these advancements possible:
Board of Directors
Virginia Hospital Center Foundation's leadership team is a reflection of its commitment to the future of healthcare and the Hospital. Each member of our Board of Directors brings a wealth of expertise and a diverse viewpoint to their role. Together, with additional volunteers from the community, they are working to advance the vital work of the Foundation.
- David Townshend (Chairman), Retired Senior Vice President for Global Sales at Marriott
- Paul Cofoni, Retired President & CEO, CACI
- James B. Cole, President & CEO, Virginia Hospital Center
- Michael Foster, Principal and Founder, MTFA Architecture
- John R. Garrett, MD, Chairman of the Board, Virginia Hospital Center Health System and Chief of Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Director of Physician Operations, Virginia Hospital Center
- Nora E. Garrote, Attorney, and Partner, Venable LLC
- Brenda Hawthorne, Corporate Executive, and Community Leader
- David Lee, MD, Vice President, Virginia Hospital Center Medical Staff; Partner, Dominion Anesthesia
- Edward Morche, Group Vice President for Enterprise Sales, Level 3 Communications
- Robert Mordkin, MD, Chief of Urology and Director of Laparoscopic Surgery, Virginia Hospital Center
- Robin Norman, Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
- Jennifer Redmond, Vice President, Della Ratta, Inc.
- David Romness, MD, Chief of Orthopedic Surgery, Virginia Hospital Center
- Paul Romness, Senior Advisor for the Life Science Practice, McKenna & Associates
The Foundation staff strives to help donors with any questions or needs. We are here to help you navigate the hospital or help you answer any donation questions.
- Steven A. Rubloff, President: 703.558.5562
- Amy E. Hauser, Director of Principal Gifts: 703.717.4436
- Michele Werner, Director of Development, Annual Giving, Special Events, Marketing & Communications: 703.558.5476
- Michael Carter, Development Officer: 703.717.4439
- Bridget Hayden, Donor Relations Officer: 703.717.4435
- Lindsay Hoffman, Development Officer, Corporate & Foundation Relations: 703.747.4427
- Olivia Burnett, Development Assistant: 703.717.4412
- Martha Kahsar, Development Assistant: 703.717.4438