To schedule one of the procedures listed below, you must first call Radiology Scheduling Center at 703.558.8500
between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday or request a non-urgent appointment online
. If you have questions about this registration process, please contact us.
Radiology Scheduling Center currently manages registration for the following tests
- CT Scans
- Nuclear Medicine
- Upper GIs/Barium Enemas
- DEXA Scans
- Interventional Radiology
Below is a checklist of the information you'll need during the registration process
- Patient's name & date of birth
- Home address & telephone number
- Social Security number
- Employer's name, address & telephone number
- Date of onset of symptoms
Information about your insurance
Virginia Hospital Center cannot guarantee that your insurance provider will cover a specific procedure. If you have questions about insurance coverage, please contact your insurance company or call a Radiology Scheduling Center to verify.
- Name of your insurance provider
- Your group number
- Insurance policy number
- Insurance provider's address
- Telephone number for insurance verification
- Name and address of the policyholder (if it's other than yourself)
- An insurance authorization number (if required by your provider)
- Name of your primary care physician
- Name of physician who has ordered your test (if other than your primary care physician)
- The test to be performed
- The reason for the test
Although the Hospital participates with most health insurance plans, there may be certain services that your insurance plan may require you to receive elsewhere, except in an emergency, i.e., outpatient laboratory, radiology, physical therapy, EKG/EEG, and pre-op testing. Additionally, Hospital based physicians, i.e., anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology, neonatology, etc., providing services may not be participating with your health plan. Please contact your plan to check the provider's status, your benefits and for the pre-certification requirements of your health plan.
Financial Assistance may be an option for patients with little or no income. These funds are available for Hospital services only. If you feel you may qualify for this assistance, please contact the Patient Financial Services Department at 703.558.2492.
Radiology & Medical Imaging
We integrated the most advanced medical imaging technology to take advantage of the digital revolution. Read more