For Immediate Release
Director of Corporate Communications
Virginia Hospital Center
Virginia Hospital Center Honored at the 34th Annual Arlington Best Business Awards
Virginia Hospital Center (VHC), a community-based hospital providing medical services to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for 75 years, was honored with the 2020 Large Business of the Year Award at the Arlington Chamber of Commerce’s 34th Annual Arlington Best Business Awards. The ceremony was held on October 27th in a hybrid format, recognizing the most illustrious and accomplished business that have made significant contributions to the Arlington community.
“We are greatly honored to receive the distinction of ‘Large Business of the Year’ and want to thank the Arlington Chamber for standing with the business community every year, especially in 2020,” said Adrian Stanton, Vice President, Business Development and Community Relations at Virginia Hospital Center. “The staff at Virginia Hospital Center could not have met the healthcare challenges of our neighbors without the business community working alongside us. We were shown such great kindness and strength by so many with donations of PPE and other essential supplies, and numerous meals. The generosity of our business community was outstanding and Virginia Hospital Center thanks you.”
Arlington Best Business Award recipients are nominated by the Chamber membership and are evaluated by a committee of past award winners whose scores determine the winners. Criteria for this prestigious award are as follows:
- Must be a viable, on-going, full-time business, which has experienced significant growth or stability over its business life.
- Must be well known and thought of by its customers or clients for consistently delivering exceptional quality or service.
- Must be a leader in the industry in Arlington OR must have a significantly unique approach to delivery of its goods or services.
- Must have displayed an interest in and concern for the Arlington community – either corporately or through its employees backed by the company.
- Must celebrate diversity and/or inclusion as part of company culture.
“Virginia Hospital Center has proven it meets the tough criteria for winning this coveted award,” said Kate Bates, Arlington Chamber President & CEO. “The Chamber is pleased to present this award to them, and our community is fortunate to have such a quality organization in Arlington.”
In addition to Virginia Hospital Center, others in the community who won a 2020 Arlington Best Business Award were:
- Design Powers– 2020 Home-Based Small Business of the Year
- Arlington Strategy, TriVistaUSA Design + Build – 2020 Service Small Business of the Year
- Casual Adventure – 2020 Retail Small Business of the Year
- DTS – 2020 Technology Small Business of the Year
- Arlington Free Clinic – 2020 Nonprofit of the Year