Nutrition & Weight Management Medicine
Virginia Hospital Center offers a wide range of comprehensive medical services related to nutrition and weight management. If you have a condition that requires a specific diet, if you are trying to lose weight or if you want to learn about healthy eating, please read the information below..
A Registered Dietitian (RD) is the qualified healthcare professional who translates nutrition recommendations into practical food choices that are right for you. An RD has the education and experience to design a healthy eating plan for your individual needs.
The Nutrition Consultation Center offers medical nutrition therapy for a variety of diet-related concerns. An Registered Dietitian will provide nutrition counseling for:
- High cholesterol
- Weight management
- Kidney disease
- Gastrointestinal disease
- Sports nutrition
- Other nutrition-related concerns
Your initial visit may include:
- Medical, weight and diet history
- Review of laboratory data and medication
- Assessment of nutritional needs
- Individualized eating plan, including rationale for dietary modifications
- A nutrition summary report will be sent to your physician
A physician's prescription or referral is preferred. Payment is due at the time of service. Please check with your insurance carrier to see if pre-authorization is necessary or reimbursement is available.