The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at Virginia Hospital Center has been accredited by CARF International for both the Inpatient Rehab Hospital Program and the Rehab Stroke Specialty Program – 2013-2018.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center (IRC) at Virginia Hospital Center is a 20-bed CARF-accredited acute inpatient rehabilitation unit. Our goal is to provide the highest level of quality care with a focus on individualized treatment. As a member of the team, the patient and his/her family will help to set his/her goals to restore function and quality of life. The IRC uses multidisciplinary nursing, medical, and therapy care to meet the individual needs of each stroke survivor, amputee, person with spinal cord injury/disorders, person who has experienced brain injury and person with general debility.
What Sets Us Apart?
- CARF accreditation – CARF accreditation ensures Virginia Hospital Center is maintaining the highest level of excellence in providing rehabilitation services. Accredited programs must demonstrate a commitment to quality standards and the ability to meet the individual needs of each patient.
- Member of Mayo Clinic Care Network – The Mayo Clinic Network members share a commitment with the Mayo Clinic for patient-centered culture and commitment to improving the delivery of health care. Network members have access to Mayo Clinic specialists, products, and services.
- Virginia Hospital Center was the only Top Teaching Hospital in the Washington, DC metropolitan area to be recognized as a Leapfrog Top Hospital. This award means that Virginia Hospital Center is one of the safest and highest caliber hospitals in the country. Top Hospitals have lower infection rates, better outcomes, decreased the length of stay and fewer readmissions. By achieving Top Hospital status, Virginia Hospital Center has proven it prioritizes the safety of its patients, is committed to transparency and provides exemplary care for families and patients in Metro DC region.
- Virginia Hospital Center has achieved Magnet® recognition as a reflection of its nursing professionalism, strong collaboration and teamwork, and superiority in patient care. Magnet recognition is determined by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®, which ensures that rigorous standards for nursing excellence are met. With this credential, Virginia Hospital Center joins the Magnet community—a select group of 401 healthcare organizations out of nearly 6,000 U.S. healthcare organizations.
- Consistently high patient satisfaction rates averaging 95%.
- Higher than average discharge to the community.
- All private rooms with ability to accommodate overnight guests.
- Certified lymphedema therapist, certified neurology therapist, certified rehabilitation registered nurse.
Meet the IRC's Team
Our specialized rehab team consists of multiple disciplines. To meet the IRC's team, CLICK HERE.