If you think you are having a MEDICAL EMERGENCY that needs attention, CALL 911.
“In the ED, we all take tremendous pride in the quality of care and high service we deliver to our patients. We all have received personal letters from our patients who are truly grateful for the quality of care they received.”
– Dr. Mike Silverman, Chairman of the Emergency Department.
A heart attack. A fall at a construction site. A child's severe asthma attack... Without warning, medical emergencies strike, triggering the need for immediate, expert attention.
At Virginia Hospital Center, you can get the care you need in a facility prepared to handle the toughest emergencies and provide personalized care. Our 36-bed unit provides the best of emergency care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Not every decision made in the Emergency Department is a matter of life and death, but each is critical to the Hospital's ability to provide efficient, top-notch care.
Virginia Hospital Center’s Emergency Department is a special place where lives are saved each day. Our Emergency Medicine facility includes:
- A 28-bed primary unit
- A 8-bed Express Care unit for less urgent cases
- Sophisticated on-site equipment including cardiac monitors, portable monitoring equipment, ventilators, and a testing laboratory.
- Dedicated X-ray room with technician in the Emergency Department.
Equipped with state-of-the-art decontamination facilities, including:
- Decontamination showers
- Six negative pressure rooms
As part of Virginia Hospital Center, a leading full-service Hospital, we can:
- Perform all diagnostics and emergency patient needs without delay, including sonograms and CT scans.
- Have some tests sent electronically to our computers for immediate readings.
- Provide medical subspecialties consulting and treatment 24 hours a day—including cardiac catheterization, interventional radiology, obstetrics/gynecology, and surgery.
- Arrange, as needed, seamless admission to the hospital for quality in-patient care.
Unlike other emergency facilities, virtually all Emergency Medicine patients who need inpatient care can be admitted right here. No transfer. No hassle.
Call ER registration at 703.558.6168.