Clinical Support —
Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
The Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation program at Virginia Hospital Center is nationally recognized and certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). This outpatient program is designed to improve the physical and emotional health, fitness and quality of life for patients with cardiac and pulmonary conditions. The program’s emphasis is on cardiopulmonary fitness, nutritional and behavioral counseling, and education. Our staff of registered nurses and exercise physiologists provides a safe and supportive environment to help our patients achieve their personal goals.
Who Do We Help?
- Cardiac Patients: after heart attacks, stent placement, valve replacement/repair, transplant, arrhythmias, chest pain (angina), and heart failure.
- Pulmonary Patients: with emphysema, asthma, bronchitis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, transplant, bronchiectsis, sarcoidosis, and other lung conditions.
Services We Provide
- Comprehensive one on one evaluation
- Individually designed exercise program
- Monitored supervised exercise
- Education and counseling
- Supportive environment from other experiencing cardiac and pulmonary events
- Referral to dieticians or diabetes educators
Benefits of Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Improve quality of life
- Improve endurance, strength, and flexibility
- Increase in activity levels
- Reduce overall risk of future heart problems, including heart attack
- Help manage choric conditions and symptoms
- Lower blood pressure and heart rates
- Help to control cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Reduce risk factors
- Lessen the chance of having to return to the hospital for heart/lung issues
- Help manage shortness of breath and make daily activities easier as fitness improves
Exercise Sessions are offered five days a week. The intensity and amount of exercise is based on your medical history and your present physical condition. All exercise sessions are supervised monitored by Registered Nurses and Exercise Physiologists.
Be an Advocate for Your Health
Talk to your doctor and/or call us. We will take care of all the necessary forms and insurance authorization, so you can take care of yourself.
Clinical Support Services