Look to the skilled physical therapists at Virginia Hospital Center to help you reduce pain, build strength, improve your balance, move easier and more.
Conditions We Treat
Your doctor may recommend physical therapy if you experience:
Physical Therapy After Surgery
Your doctor also may recommend physical therapy to help you recover from surgery, such as joint replacement surgery.
What to Expect
During your first visit, your physical therapist will assess your condition, ask about your treatment goals and create a personalized care plan.
Physical Therapy Treatments
Your physical therapist will recommend the best treatments for your needs. Your care plan may include:
- Body mechanics education – Teaches you how to move in a way that places less stress on your body
- Biofeedback – Uses special sensors, a computer and video monitor to help you learn how to control bodily functions you're not usually aware of
- Dry needling – Uses fine, flexible, sterile needles to release muscles to decrease pain and improve range of motion and function
- Gait training – Improves your walking abilities
- Hot and cold packs – Treat pain and inflammation
- Iontophoresis – Uses a weak electrical current and medication to help reduce inflammation
- Joint mobilization – Helps reduce pain and improve range of motion
- Muscle reeducation – Helps you better control your movements
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation – Uses electric impulses to assist with training or to test the neural and/or muscular function
- Real-time ultrasound therapy – Shows how your muscles contract and relax
- Taping – Supports your joints, muscles and tendons
- Therapeutic exercises – Improve your strength, flexibility or range of motion