Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
Improve function and quality of life with individualized care from the multidisciplinary team at Virginia Hospital Center’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Center in Arlington. Heal and progress toward your goals while staying in a private room with the ability to accommodate an overnight guest.
Accredited Rehabilitation Center
Feel confident you or your loved one will receive top-quality rehabilitation services. Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Center is accredited by CARF® International. So you know we:
- Offer coordinated, integrated medical and rehabilitation services 24 hours a day
- Commit to high-quality standards
- Strive to meet your individual needs
- Encourage active participation from you and your family
Is Inpatient Rehabilitation for Me?
Your doctor may recommend inpatient rehabilitation after you or a loved one experience:
- Broken bones or other orthopedic injuries
- Brain injury
- General debility (weakness)
- Heart condition or surgery
- Joint replacement surgery
- Lung condition
- Neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis or Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Spinal cord injury or disorder
Learn about our referral and admission requirements.
Individual Care Plan
Your multidisciplinary team will work together to help you or your loved one set and meet goals to improve:
- Cognitive skills, such as attention, memory and reasoning
- Communication skills
- Flexibility and coordination
- Self-care tasks
- Swallowing and speaking abilities
What to Expect from Therapy
Work with your rehabilitation therapists daily Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Depending on your condition, you may also receive therapy on Saturdays. We encourage family members to take part in therapy sessions.
Patient & Family Education
Benefit from patient and family education that helps you and your family:
- Understand your condition and specific needs
- Learn how to create a safe living environment
- Prepare for your return to home or another community setting
Enjoy our activity room equipped with puzzles, games and books. You also may connect to the internet through your personal device.
Patients are provided with a menu to fill out for food the following day. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner. Request snacks by phone 24 hours per day.
Explore dining information for visitors.
Friends and family may visit from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. One family member or significant other may stay overnight.