Look to the physicians at Virginia Hospital Center to diagnose conditions that affect the respiratory system and find the treatment that works best for you.
What’s Pulmonary Care?
The organs in your body that let you breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide are known as the respiratory system. Pulmonary care is medical care for the:
- Airway, made up of the nose, mouth, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi and bronchioles
- Muscles used to breathe
Conditions We Treat
Find complete care for conditions that make it hard to breathe well, including:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung diseases
- Sleep apnea
- Tumors that affect the respiratory system, including lung cancer
Services We Offer
Talk to your primary care provider if you have symptoms that make it hard to breathe, exercise or do your daily activities. Your doctor may then refer you to a pulmonary specialist.
Depending on your symptoms and other factors, your doctor may recommend:
- Bronchoscopy, a procedure to view the inside of the airways
- Imaging scans, such as a lung cancer screening test
- Pulmonary function tests, noninvasive tests to evaluate how well the lungs work
- Pulse oximetry test, which measures the level of oxygen in the blood
- Sleep study
You and your doctor will work together to create a care plan that’s personalized to you and your goals. Rely on your provider to recommend the most effective therapy so you find relief as quickly as possible.
Advanced Bronchoscopy Techniques
Our state-of-the-art bronchoscopy suite includes the superDimension™ Navigation System (Super D). This technology lets your pulmonologist perform a minimally-invasive tissue biopsy in difficult-to-reach areas of the lung.