Labor & Delivery Visitor Policy
Current Visitor Policy for Patients Having a Baby (Obstetric Patients)
- Obstetric patients may have 1 designated support person accompany them throughout their entire admission.
- Obstetric patients may have 1 professional doula for the duration of labor and delivery.
- Obstetric patients may have 2 additional visitors between the hours of 2:00pm-8:00pm when they are in the Antepartum or Postpartum units.
- Obstetric patients with other children may have them visit from 2:00 pm-8:00 pm when they are in the Antepartum or Postpartum units.
Current Visitor Policy for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- NICU patients may have 2 parents/legal guardians or caregivers at all times during their admission.
Security Measures for All Visitors to Women and Infant Health
Infant security is our top priority at Virginia Hospital Center. Please read the following visitation and security procedures that are in place to protect your newborn’s safety:
- Visitors must provide the name of the person they are visiting before they can enter the Postpartum Unit. If visitors are unable to provide this information, they will not be allowed to enter the unit.
- All visitors must sign in and provide a government-issued photo ID (e.g., State-issued ID, driver’s license, Military ID, Passport or Green Card). The visitor will be issued a badge, which will expire at the end of the day.
- Deliveries (food, flowers, etc.) from outside of the facility must be picked up in Lobby C in the Women & Infant building.
- Outside vendors are not permitted to enter the Postpartum Unit, NICU or Labor & Delivery Unit.
Stay up to date on our latest visitor policies, ask questions, and get a virtual tour of our unit in our live weekly information session: