Labor & Delivery Visitor Policy
Update to Visitation Policy Effective January 7, 2022
The health and safety of our patients, staff and the community are our top priority. Virginia Hospital Center has updated its Visitor Policy as a result of the prevalence and recent surge of COVID-19 within the community.
- Obstetric patients may have 1 designated support person accompany them throughout their entire stay.
- Pediatric patients may have 2 parents/guardians. Visitation is unrestricted 24/7 for parents/guardians.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patients may have 2 parents/guardians. Visitation is unrestricted 24/7 for parents/guardians.
- No visitors or children allowed at this time.
Security Measures for Women and Infant Health
Infant security is our top priority at Virginia Hospital Center. Please read the following visitation and security procedures that are in place to protect your newborn’s safety:
- Deliveries (food, flowers, etc.) from outside of the facility must be picked up in Lobby C in the Women & Infant building.
- Outside vendors are not permitted to enter the Postpartum Unit, NICU or Labor & Delivery Unit.
Stay up to date on our latest visitor policies, ask questions, and get a virtual tour of our unit in our live weekly information session: