Have a positive breastfeeding experience when you partner with certified lactation consultants at Virginia Hospital Center.
Learn about the benefits of breastfeeding and what to expect when you take our breastfeeding classes.
Care for Nursing Moms
After you deliver your baby, benefit from having a lactation consultant visit you every day you’re in the Hospital. We can help you:
- Start breastfeeding
- Sustain a good milk supply
- Determine if your baby is getting enough milk
- Learn the signs of hunger in your baby
- Decide which breastfeeding supplies you need
- Establish comfortable feeding positions
- Effectively pump breast milk using a breast pump
- Learn how to store your breast milk safely
Breast Pump Rentals
Your lactation consultant can help you rent a breast pump from the Virginia Hospital Retail Office. You’ll receive a Medela hospital-grade breast pump. The pump’s technology can help you get as much breast milk as possible and reduce your time pumping. For more information, call 703.558.6744
Breastfeeding Support Groups
If you’re nursing or pumping, attend a mother and baby support group for encouragement and advice.