Enjoy a better quality of life with pain management services at Virginia Hospital Center. You’ll find the care you need to take part in your daily activities more comfortably.
Services & Treatments
At Virginia Hospital Center, your pain management team may perform procedures such as:
- Intrathecal pain pump implantation – Places a small device in your back to send pain medicine directly to the source of discomfort
- Nerve blocks – Inject anesthetic along the spine to numb nerves that send pain signals
- Steroid injections – Deliver pain-relieving medication to the spine, joints or trigger points (muscle knots)
- Radiofrequency ablation – Uses heat energy to block nerves from sending pain signals
- Spinal cord stimulator implantation – Places a small device in your back that sends out a mild electrical current to block pain signals
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty – Injects a cement-like substance into damaged vertebrae (spinal bones) to hold them
Feel better in body and mind with palliative care, designed to reduce your pain and other symptoms during a chronic illness.
When pain limits your ability to move or complete daily tasks, rehabilitation can help. Your doctor may recommend physical therapy or occupational therapy from one of our compassionate experts.