When you need joint replacement, choose Virginia Hospital Center for a comprehensive approach to patient care. Benefit from our focus on excellent surgical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Attend a Preoperative Joint Replacement Class
Attend our in-depth Total Joint Replacement Class four to six weeks before your surgery. Choose the class format you prefer:
- Our in-person on-site classes are temporarily canceled.
- Online class – Available to watch at your convenience on your computer or mobile device; you'll receive login information after completing an online joint replacement class registration.
Read Your Joint Replacement Booklet
Download and review the joint replacement booklet for your procedure. Bring it with you to the hospital on the day of your surgery.
Preoperative Knee Replacement Booklet [PDF]
Preoperative Hip Replacement Booklet [PDF]
About Joint Replacement at Virginia Hospital Center
High-Quality Joint Replacement Center
See why Virginia Hospital Center's joint replacement program stands out:
- Joint Commission certification for knee and hip replacement
- Exceptional patient satisfaction
- Preoperative Total Joint Replacement class available online helps you you prepare for surgery and a smooth recovery
- Private rooms with private bathrooms so you can focus on recovery
Hip & Knee Procedures
Your doctor may recommend joint replacement surgery if nonsurgical treatment hasn't helped reduce pain and restore joint movement. Trust a team experienced in:
- Partial joint replacement – Removes the most damaged joint tissue and then lines the surface of what remains with metal
- Total joint replacement – Replaces all or part of a damaged joint with an artificial device made of metal and plastic (a prosthesis)
- Direct anterior approach for total hip replacement – Uses minimally invasive techniques to perform your hip replacement surgery
Achieve the best possible outcome from your joint replacement because we take a team approach to getting you back to your daily activities as safely, quickly and comfortably as possible. Your Virginia Hospital Center joint replacement team includes:
See how Virginia Hospital Center helps you through every part of your joint replacement journey.
Learn about how we help you prepare for joint replacement surgery, and review resources for patients after surgery.