Turn to the ophthalmologists at Virginia Hospital Center for specialized eye care close to home in Arlington, Virginia.
What's an Ophthalmologist?
Ophthalmologists are doctors with advanced medical and surgical training to care for your eyes and vision.
Eye Conditions We Treat
Trust an ophthalmologist to diagnose and treat all types of eye problems, including:
- Dry eye
- Cornea problems
- Eye injuries and infections
- Eyelid problems
- Refractive errors, such as nearsightedness and farsightedness
Family Vision Care
Protect your eyesight and see more clearly with routine vision care, including:
- Routine eye exams
- Contact lens prescriptions, fitting and education
- Eyeglass prescriptions
If surgery is the best treatment for your condition, trust our eye doctors for safe, high-quality surgery. Ask about:
- Corneal transplant surgery – Replaces a damaged cornea with a clear, healthy donor cornea
- Cataract surgery – Removes a damaged cataract and replaces it with an artificial lens
- Refractive surgery – Improves nearsightedness, farsightedness and other refractive errors so you do not need to rely on glasses or contacts
- CK (conductive keratoplasty) – Uses radiofrequency energy to correct some types of farsightedness
- Laser eye surgeries, including LASEK, LASIK and PRK – Use a laser to reshape your cornea and improve your eye's ability to focus
- Lens implant surgery – Replaces your natural lens with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL) to correct your vision
- Glaucoma surgery – Reduces pressure in your eye
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) – Improves the appearance of droopy or saggy eyelids