Gain insight and understanding into your health thanks to quick, accurate lab testing services at Virginia Hospital Center.
Expect the highest quality services because we perform more tests in-house than other hospitals in the area. Trust our knowledgeable, qualified team for more than 800 types of tests. We offer testing in:
- Blood banking — Checks the safety of donated blood before it's used in a procedure, such as a blood transfusion
- Chemistry — Measures the levels of certain chemicals in lab samples
- Cytology — Looks at cells under a microscope for signs of a health problem
- Hematology — Diagnoses conditions that affect the blood or bone marrow
- Immunology — Tests the health of the immune system
- Surgical pathology — Examines a sample taken during a procedure (biopsy), such as fine needle aspiration, to look for signs of a health problem
- Toxicology — Checks for the presence of drugs or other substances
When needed, tests that require extra specialized review are sent to Associated Regional and University Pathologists (ARUP), Inc., a nationally known organization and worldwide leader in laboratory research and development.
Enjoy the convenience of knowing you can receive same-day testing on an outpatient basis. This means you visit the facility for testing and go home afterward.
Schedule Online Now
Plan to register when you arrive at the lab. Rest assured, we accept most insurance plans. For your privacy, you'll have your own individual room where you can get the tests you need.
Trust our staff to keep your safety, comfort and well-being top of mind and minimize stress. Our staff has experience serving patients of all ages, including babies.
If your doctor refers you to Virginia Hospital Center for testing services, rely on our staff to collect the sample, send it to our lab for testing and communicate the results to your doctor as quickly as possible.
When you receive an invoice, double check with your insurer, hospital, and physician regarding your payment obligation. Make sure you understand the basic benefits and deductibles specified in your insurance plan before you call. When you receive an invoice, double check with your insurer, hospital, and physician regarding your payment obligation. Make sure you understand the basic benefits and deductibles specified in your insurance plan before you call.
Corporate Drug Testing
Protect your business when you partner with Virginia Hospital Center for workforce drug testing. Access professional testing services as part of pre-employment screening or ongoing monitoring for substances such as:
For Care Providers & Clients
If you're a doctor or other health professional at a clinic, assisted-care facility, nursing home or other organization, our pathologists are available 24/7 to consult with you when needed and provide testing services. When you establish a long-term partnership with our team, you'll benefit from exceptional, time-sensitive services and commitment to your satisfaction.
Reference Laboratory Program
Take advantage of our reference laboratory program, where a courier collects specimens from your doorstep and brings them to the hospital for prompt, accurate testing. Expect immediate results for critical care results and next-day results for all other tests by courier, telephone or fax. Rely on our staff to:
- Establish pick-up schedules for samples
- Send reports tailored to your specific needs
- Talk to you directly about your specimens and answer any questions
Other Client Services
Look to Virginia Hospital Center for:
- Guidance on the Clinical Laboratory Improvement and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Pediatric or geriatric phlebotomy services, which can be coordinated with the hospital's outpatient lab services
- Technical support and phlebotomy training
You'll appreciate competitive rates, with no extra charge for immediate service or repeat testing. There's no charge for supplies, and we offer convenient billing methods and insurance invoicing.