Heart & Vascular Care
Look to Virginia Hospital Center for comprehensive cardiovascular care from experts who make you feel like family. From prevention to diagnosis and treatment, count on our team to help you live a heart-healthy life.
When it comes to your health or the health of a loved one, choose a national leader for patient outcomes and satisfaction in cardiac care. Expect advanced treatment options and services personalized to your unique needs because we hold the following designations:
- Aetna Institute of Quality® for cardiac care
- BlueCross BlueShield Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care®
- UnitedHealthcare Premium® Cardiac Specialty Center
These awards also mean when you choose Virginia Hospital Center for a cardiovascular procedure, you’ll benefit from:
- Faster recovery and shorter hospital stay
- Higher success rates and better long-term outcomes
- Lower costs
- Lower risk of complications and emergency hospitalization
- Team of multidisciplinary specialists who follow evidence-based practices
Conditions We Treat
Benefit from our ongoing investment and research into diagnosing and treating cardiovascular conditions. Trust our specialists for complete care of:
- Aortic aneurysms
- Congenital heart defects
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack
- Heart valve conditions
- High cholesterol
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Peripheral vascular disease to Interventional Radiology
Pioneering Heart Disease Care
Feel confident in the quality of care you’ll receive to manage heart disease thanks to the expertise of our staff. Virginia Hospital Center was the first in the area to offer specialized care of heart disease. Our coronary care unit, established in 1964, was the first in the region and the third in the United States.
Improve Your Heart Health
Follow our tips to protect your heart health and overall well-being. Look to your primary care provider and the cardiologists at Virginia Hospital Center for the education and care you need to avoid heart problems and live well.
Gain insight into how well your heart and blood vessels are working with cardiovascular diagnostic tests that find signs of problems as early as possible.
Services & Treatments
Depend on your primary care provider, cardiologist and other members of your care team to work together to create a treatment plan that works best for you. Based on your symptoms, condition and other factors, your plan may include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Minimally invasive interventional cardiology procedures
- Cardiac, vascular or thoracic surgery
- Nonsurgical treatments, such as hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) and varicose vein therapy
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU)
If you or a loved one need intensive, 24/7 medical care and monitoring, rest assured our cardiac ICU has the skilled personnel and advanced technology to care for the needs of patients with complex conditions.