Find expert services for your digestive tract at Virginia Hospital Center—one of the most experienced gastrointestinal healthcare providers. You’ll benefit from personalized care and discover why your neighbors consistently report high satisfaction with their treatment.
Your First Appointment
During your first meeting with a gastroenterologist (digestive health doctor), you’ll discuss your symptoms and health history. If needed, your doctor will order tests to learn more about your condition before recommending treatment.
Find a Doctor
Digestive Health Tests
You may need one or more of these tests:
- Capsule endoscopy – Uses a tiny camera in a pill you swallow to take photos of the inside of your digestive tract
- Colorectal cancer screenings – Check for signs of cancer before you experience symptoms, when it’s easiest to treat
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – Combines upper endoscopy and X-rays to look at your liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and pancreas
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), or upper endoscopy – Slides a tiny camera into your esophagus to take photos of your food pipe, stomach and first part of the small intestine
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy – Slides a tiny camera into your colon to look at just the lower part of it
- Heartburn and gastroesophageal reflux studies – Help show the severity of your symptoms
Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Center
Your test may take place in our Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Center, where you’ll appreciate:
- Advanced technology
- Private patient rooms
Your Care Team
Expect compassionate care from doctors, nurses and technicians who know your name and treat you like family. We welcome your loved ones to join your care team, too. Invite them to your appointments so you get as much support as possible during treatment.
If you need colorectal surgery, learn how you’ll benefit from our surgeons’ expertise in many minimally invasive treatments at Virginia Hospital Center.