Cancer Resource Center
>>>All on-site classes and support groups are paused until further notice. The CRC staff continue to be available by phone and email for all support needs. Contact Shari Sitron at 703.558.5555 or email@example.com.
How Can We Help?
If you or a loved one have recently received a cancer diagnosis, you probably feel overwhelmed — not only by the medical implications but by fears about how your illness and treatment will affect your marriage, children, family, friendships, job security and self-image.
The Cancer Resource Center at Virginia Hospital Center can help you through these issues at the time of diagnosis, during your treatment and afterward. We understand that in addition to the physical toll that surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy take on the body, there are emotional consequences. Coping with these stresses is an integral part of the healing process and our core mission.
Focusing on survivorship, the Cancer Resource Center offers a broad range of support services for patients and their families, all of which are free:
- Classes & Events on clinical topics and complementary therapies
- The Barbra Marcus Kolton Resource Library, which has books, pamphlets, medical periodicals, a community bulletin board and a user-friendly computer for online searches on oncology topics
Providing Support When You Need It Most
- Support Groups tailored to specific diagnoses or topics
- Help with referrals for equipment, transportation or social services
- Complimentary wigs, scarves, and hats
- Look Good, Feel Better program
- Information on cancer-related rehabilitation services
Professional Staff Consultations
The staff of the Cancer Resource Center works very closely with the physicians and staff throughout Virginia Hospital Center to assist cancer patients with helpful guidance through their journey from diagnosis to survivorship:
Hours of Operation
The Center is open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm weekdays.
The Cancer Resource Center is on the ground floor of The Rose Bente Lee Ostapenko Outpatient Oncology Center (Zone C), just down the hall from the Outpatient Infusion Center and Radiation Oncology.
Parking is available in the Parking Garage C for a nominal fee.
Parking & Campus Map