Breast Imaging Services
Access safe, accurate breast imaging services from the breast and radiology experts at Virginia Hospital Center.
Center of Excellence
You deserve care that meets the highest possible standards in a comfortable, patient-friendly environment. The Women’s Imaging Center at Virginia Hospital Center’s is recognized as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). That means you benefit from:
- Access to a full range of diagnostic and screening tests
- Advanced technology and equipment
- Qualified, trained physicians and staff
Tests We Offer
Depending on your personal or family history, age, symptoms or other factors, your doctor may recommend:
- Mammography – Uses low-dose X-rays to examine the breast
- Breast biopsy, including stereotactic and ultrasound-guided biopsy – Takes a small sample of tissue for testing in a lab
- Breast ultrasound – Makes images of the inside of the breast using sound waves
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – Creates pictures of breast tissue using magnets and radio waves
Ask your care team how to prepare for your test.
What to Expect
When you visit, you’ll find the center was designed with you in mind. Next to Virginia Hospital Center’s soothing indoor waterfall, the Women’s Imaging Center has a dedicated entrance and quiet waiting area.
Identify staff members easily thanks to their pink scrubs (uniforms) and expect to be seen for your test within 15 minutes of your arrival.
Your Test Results
Depend on our board-certified radiologists to review your results as quickly as possible. Ask your doctor when and how to expect your test results. If you are a current Virginia Hospital Center patient, your results will appear in your MyVHC account.
Most test results show no signs of breast cancer. But if you receive a cancer diagnosis, count on our multidisciplinary breast cancer team to be with you every step of the way. Trust the staff at the Women’s Imaging Center to contact and coordinate your care with a dedicated nurse navigator right away, so you get the care and support you need.