Our experienced labor and delivery nurses are here to help you prepare for a natural, low-intervention birth that promotes your comfort and supports your connection to your partner and baby. Learn positions, breathing and relaxation techniques, and how birthing tools such as the birthing ball and peanut can help promote your comfort and reduce pain. We also will discuss how to communicate your preferences to your care team. We’ll provide you with third trimester practices for you and your partner to try to ease common discomforts. While we do not cover epidurals in-depth, we do discuss scenarios that may occur during your birthing experience and what to expect, including unscheduled C-sections.
Duration: 3.5 hours
- Tips to manage discomfort in the last trimester
- Positioning and breathing techniques
- Relaxation techniques for you and your partner
- How to use birthing ball and birthing peanut effectively
- How to communicate your birth preferences
*If you have concerns about your ability to access our programs, please contact us to discuss options for assistance.