Nursing Awards & Recognition
Recently, 12 Virginia Hospital Center nurses received recognition for their excellent leadership and care.
Meet our winners of Washingtonian’s Excellence in Nursing Awards recognized among the top nurses in the Washington DC are:
- Darlene Vrotsos, MS, BSN, RN, Senior Vice President & Chief Nursing Officer, received the Nursing Leadership Award from Washingtonian Magazine’s “2016 Excellence in Nursing Awards” and the 2016 Virginia Nurses Foundation Leadership Award for Chief Nursing Officer.
- Michelle Altman, MBA, RN, Assistant Patient Care Director of the Outpatient Clinic of Virginia Hospital Center, was recognized in Washingtonian Magazine’s “2016 Excellence in Nursing Awards” in the Community Hospital Nursing category.
In addition, these nurses were recognized among the top nurses in Virginia by the Virginia Nurses Association for excellence and leadership:
- Lisa Brady, BSN, RN won the 2016 Virginia Nurses Foundation Leadership Excellence Award for Direct Patient Care – Patient Experience
- Lori McDaniel, BSN, RN-C received the 2016 Virginia Nurses Foundation Leadership Excellence Award for Nursing Informatics
2016 Leadership Excellence Award Finalists:
- Lynsi Garvin, MSN, RN-BC, CPHIMS, Nursing Informatics
- Laura Gibson, BSN, RN, Direct Patient Care Leader – Patient Experience
- Denise Holyoak, MSN, RN, CCRN, Nurse Manager/Director
- Rebecca Rose, MS, BSN, RN, Nurse Manager/Director
- Kaitlin Schwartz, BSN, RNC-OB, Direct Patient Care Leader – Nurse Patient Safety
2016 Magnet Award Finalists:
- Elyse Donahue, MSN, BSN, RN, CRNA, Nursing Leadership
- Megan Symanowitz, BSN, RN, CCRN, Clinical Educator
- Elise Wilson, BSN, RN, Clinical Nurse