Choosing the Best Surgical Care: What You Should Know
Our modern facility offers a comfortable, state-of-the-art surgical environment that includes brand-new inpatient suites and a new prep and recovery area. The Hospital's surgical staff handles a full range of surgeries, from the most complex inpatient procedures to the simplest same-day procedures.
For our outpatient surgery patients, we offer the added comfort of readily available critical-care services. With a fully equipped hospital next door, we can immediately resolve any unforeseen complications.
The Benefits of the Center for Surgery at Virginia Hospital Center
- Top specialists in minimally invasive procedures such as laparoscopic surgery
- The latest technology available to support desirable outcomes and shortened recovery periods
- An exceptional nurse-to-patient ratio to facilitate high-quality patient care
- Private rooms for pre-operative admission and post-operative recovery, designed to be spacious and comfortable for patients and their family members
- Immediate access to the critical-care resources of the Hospital
- Repeated success in patient satisfaction polls
Information for Patients: Preparing for Anesthesia and Surgery
The J. Della Ratta Family Center for Surgery
The Virginia Hospital Center Department of Surgery was dedicated and renamed as The J. Della Ratta Family Center for Surgery at a private ceremony on June 2, 2016. Read more