The Patient Navigator Program is a complimentary service that expands the oncology care provided by Virginia Hospital Center. The Patient Navigator guides patients throughout the various departments and services involved with their treatment and enables patients to better manage a cancer diagnosis. The Patient Navigator Program serves to:
- Provide information on each patient’s cancer-specific diagnosis and treatment
- Connect patients and families to support services available in house or make referrals to community resources.
- Facilitate interaction and communication between patients and healthcare providers
- Provide emotional support and coordination of services to patients and family members throughout the continuum of care
- Can offer short-term counseling to individuals and families (up to 3 sessions)
- Services also available in Spanish
Patient Navigators at Virginia Hospital Center
The Cancer Resource Center currently has several patient navigators working with oncology patients who receive care at Virginia Hospital Center:
- Patricia Hayes, Breast Health Navigator
- Julie Pierce, RN, BSN, OCN, Breast Patient Navigator
- Mirian Campos MA, NCC, CN-BA, Patient Navigator
Breast Surgery Journey
To discuss your treatment plan and/or preparation for surgery and recovery, along with a guided tour, contact Julie Pierce, Breast Patient Navigator, at 703.558.6908.