The Health Promotion Department offers several programs to keep seniors active and connected within the community.
The classes below run for 6-weeks unless otherwise noted. To register for a class, click here or view the full schedule.
Strength Training For Seniors
Improve range of motion, muscle strength, and bone health. Light weights provided.
6-weeks for $42.
- Mondays, 1:00-1:45pm (H)
- Thursdays, 1:00-1:45pm (CS)
A low-impact, energizing exercise program especially for seniors!
10-week sessions begin September 29. Join anytime throughout the session.
Classes are offered at the locations listed below. Call 703.558.6859 to register.
- Arlington: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 9-10am ($70)
- McLean: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 9:15-10:15am ($70)
- Crystal City: Monday & Wednesday, 10:30-11:30am ($47)
One of our most popular classes! Enjoy stretching, deep breathing & relaxation! Class is suitable for all levels & abilities.
6-weeks for $66.
- Mondays, 9:30-11:00 am (H)
- Tuesdays, 9:30-11:00 am (CS)
- Thursdays, 9:30-11:00 am (CS)
- Sundays, 4:15-5:30pm (CS)
For older adults with limited mobility, chronic pain or neuropathy. Class will focus on gentle stretching and going at your own pace. All ages & abilities welcome.
6-weeks for $66.
- Tuesdays, 11:15am-12:15pm (CS)
- Sundays, 3:00pm-4:00pm (H)
Slow, flowing movements help foster a healthy, balanced mind and body.
Class follows the simplified, 37-form Yang style.
10-weeks for $112.
- BEGINNER CLASS: Mondays, 5:30 - 6:30pm (CS)
INTERMEDIATE CLASS: Thursdays, 6:15-7:15pm (CS)
CS= Carlin Springs Campus - 601 S. Carlin Springs Rd., Arlington VA 22204
View Larger Map