Pregnancy: Before, During & After
Having a baby involves far more than simply arriving at the hospital when it’s time to give birth. Virginia Hospital Center supports new parents every step of the way, combining cutting-edge medical skills and equipment with the comforts of home. In addition to its state-of-the-art NICU managed by a team of neonatologists from Children’s National Medical Center, superior imaging technologies and all-private postpartum rooms, the Women & Infant Health Center offers scores of programs to keep moms, dads, babies and siblings healthy and happy.
Preparing for Baby
We offer complete prenatal services:
Take Childbirth Education or Fitness & Healthy Lifestyle classes.
Having Your Baby
Giving birth at Virginia Hospital Center is a very personal experience. Our Women & Infant Health Center includes:
- 50 all-private rooms with daybeds
- 16 all-private labor, delivery and recovery (LDR) rooms
- 6 all-private triage rooms
- 3 C-section operating rooms
- 4-bed recovery area for C-section moms to recover with baby at the bedside
- 16 suite Level IIIB Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- 6-bed Pediatric/NICU Stepdown Unit
- 24/7 in-house OB/GYNs, anesthesiologists, pediatricians, hospitalists and Children’s National Medical Center neonatologists
- State-of-the-art infant security system
- Lactation Consultants available 7 days/week as needed or per your request
- In-room massage (optional) provided by the Teal Center for Therapeutic Bodywork
- Nurse-led Discharge Class for mom and her support person
Bringing Up Baby
Helpful tips for bringing home baby.
Connect with one of our Support Groups