The Doctor Will See You Now
A PRIMARY CARE DOCTOR CAN…
- Serve as your advocate and home base for all medical records and care decisions
- Provide recommended flu shots and vaccinations
- Recommend and expedite appointments with appropriate specialists when you become ill or injured
- Perform routine physicals for preventive care, sports, school, adoption or employment
- Recommend age-appropriate screenings for cancer, bone density and cardiac health
- Maintain a long term perspective on your individual risk factors based on personal and family history, including cardiac, cancer, and diabetes risks
Having a primary care physician (family practitioner or internist) who knows you and your health history is one of the best things you can do for your long-term health and wellness. For your kids, a pediatrician plays this role. But don't wait until you're sick or injured to establish a relationship. It's important to start seeing a primary care physician when you are well to have a baseline for comparison.
Do you have a primary care physician? If not, now is a good time to choose one. Medical Associates of Arlington, Medical Associates at Beauregard, Associates in Medicine-Falls Church, Medical Associates of Springfield-Burke, McLean-Arlington Medical Associates and Primary Care Tysons are Virginia Hospital Center's affiliated primary care practices, and are currently accepting new patients.