A key component of Orthopedic Surgery at Virginia Hospital Center is our team of rehabilitation specialists. Whether patients are prescribed physical or occupational therapy as a non-surgical treatment in and of itself, or to regain post-surgical strength, range of motion and agility, our therapists combine their experience with the latest technology to provide comprehensive rehabilitative services. They include
- Physical therapy, including a variety of modalities including exercises and other activities, iontophoresis (electrical stimulation) and manual therapy
- A specialized Back Program is available
- Occupational therapy, during which patients learn new techniques for carrying out daily tasks (including those required for their particular occupation); may include the use of specialized tools and energy conservation techniques
- A specialized Hand and Upper Extremity Rehabilitation Program is available
- Interdisciplinary programs include:
Please note that a physician's written order is required to access the Hospital's Rehabilitation services. In addition, an authorization or referral from your insurance company may be needed.