Inpatient Rehabilitation Center (IRC)
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at Virginia Hospital Center has been accredited by CARF International for both the Inpatient Rehab Hospital Program and the Rehab Stroke Specialty Program
The Hospital’s IP Rehabilitation Center Staff
The therapists of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center provide physician requested physical, occupational, and speech rehabilitation services to patients who are hospitalized at Virginia Hospital Center to promote healing with multiple conditions.
Inpatient Physical Therapy enhances safety and functional mobility with emphasis on minimizing the risk of falls and re-injury. Treatment can include but is not limited to: balance training, gait, mobility, strengthening, endurance, range of motion, and assistance with discharge needs.
Inpatient Occupational Therapy assists patients to achieve independence in activities of daily living by teaching them compensatory strategies, using adaptive equipment, and working to develop the skills needed for independent functioning. It includes dressing, bathing, grooming, home safety and home management (cooking and cleaning), memory and problem solving skills related to daily routines.
Speech Language Pathology
Inpatient Speech Language Pathology services include the diagnosis and treatment of speech, language, cognition, voice and swallowing disorders. Therapists help to improve areas of deficits and develop compensatory strategies.
- Stroke or Brain Injury
- Orthopedic Injuries including elective total joint surgery, and other surgeries including spine, abdominal, brain, and cardiac.
- Therapies also work with hospitalized patients presenting with decreased endurance or changes in mobility functioning, swallowing or speech, and activities of daily living.
Specialized Care Services
- Bariatric Services
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing
- Lymphedema Services
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies
- Neonatal Feeding and Swallowing Services
- Stroke Center
- Total Joint Replacement
- Wound Care