Cardiology at Virginia Hospital Center has your best interest… at heart. We provide exceptional services that encompass the full range of care—from prevention and patient education, to detection and diagnosis, to comprehensive treatment options that include both medicinal therapies and minimally-invasive surgical interventions.
The heart conditions treated by Cardiology at Virginia Hospital Center include, but are not limited to, the following:
Cardiology at Virginia Hospital Center uses the full spectrum of available diagnostics to identify conditions and disease states precisely, and make personalized treatment recommendations.
Treatments may include:
- Drug Therapies
- Cardiac Catheterizations
- Conventional cardiac catheterizations via the femoral artery in the groin
- Radial catheterizations that access the heart via the radial artery in the wrist
- Cryoablation, in which an ablation catheter cooled to -70°C is used to disable heart cells that are causing an irregular heartbeat
- Balloon Angioplasties and Stents
- Electrophysiology (EP) procedures including pacemaker insertion and defibrillator implantation