At Virginia Hospital Center
Your Heart Is in Good Hands
HealthReach, Winter 2013 | Page 9
When you choose to receive cardiovascular care at Virginia Hospital Center, you can feel confident knowing that we offer a full range of state-of-the-art services. Our entire team of experienced doctors, surgeons, nurses, technicians and technologists collaborate to deliver the highest quality of care with a compassionate, seamless and safe approach to achieve the best outcomes for each patient. From prevention and patient education, to diagnosis and the latest treatment options, Virginia Hospital Center is a trusted leader in cardiac care.
SCREENING & DIAGNOSIS
Board-certified cardiologists and radiologists are available 24 hours/day, 7 days a week for consultation, diagnosis, evaluation and management. Services include:
MANAGEMENT & TREATMENT
Heart Services is fully equipped with cutting-edge technology for the treatment and management of virtually every adult cardiovascular disease or disorder. Services include:
- Cardiac Catheterization Labs: Diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease with stents, medical therapy or as a deciding step leading to open heart surgery.
- Peripheral Vascular Lab: Diagnosis and treatment of aneurysms, carotid disease and claudication, a condition caused by blockage in the legs.
- Electrophysiology Lab: Premier site for advanced arrhythmia diagnosis and management. Treatments include pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD), as well as one of the most advanced arrthymia ablation programs in the Washington, DC metro area.
- Multidisciplinary Treatment Teams: Doctors work together for the best outcomes for the patient. These teams provide:
- Convergent Maze Procedure: A minimally invasive surgical procedure to treat atrial fibrillation.
- PVD Endograft: A less invasive treatment for aneurysms, using peripherally placed stent grafts.
- Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery: A program led by two highly experienced and skilled surgeons operating exclusively at Virginia Hospital Center. Dedicated team of specialized nurses and operating rooms specifically equipped for cardiovascular surgery. The unit ranks among the highest in the country in patient satisfaction.
REHABILITATION & LIFESTYLE MODIFICATION
Everyone involved in the cardiac patient’s recovery and care educates the patient on preventing and/or reversing cardiovascular disease. Our goal is to promote a healthy lifestyle to the Hospital’s cardiac patients before, during and after recovery to work on preventing recurrence and achieving optimal heart health.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation. The most experienced program in northern Virginia. Provides physical reconditioning with a structured exercise program, emotional support crucial to recovery of cardiac patients, and reinforcement of the principals of a heart-healthy lifestyle. 703.558.6271.
- Other Services: