Virginia Hospital Center Foundation’s Women’s Health and Empowerment Circle engages and inspires women to support excellent medical care, advanced medical technologies and the best options for child, senior and women’s healthcare. WHEC members support critical areas of Virginia Hospital Center and help to advance its mission to be the Best Hospital.
The Women’s Health and Empowerment Circle (WHEC) is a collection of dedicated women who value community, and want to ensure access to the best medical care is available to everyone through support for Virginia Hospital Center and its programs.
Thank you to everyone who attended Flash Dance at Assaggi Osteria on June 10th. It was a fantastic evening with Dr. Terri Remy and Pany Nazari.
2015 Funding Priorities
WHEC determines fundraising priorities for each year. In 2015 WHEC is raising $100,000 to support several key initiatives that directly impact the care that patients receive including:
Click here to learn more!
- Nursing and allied healthcare education that bring the latest medical advances directly to the bedside.
- A planned expansion of the Women & Infant Health program to support expectant mothers with high risk pregnancies.
- Medical care for low income and uninsured children through the Hospital’s Arlington Pediatric Center (APC). Without APC, thousands of children in Arlington would lack access to basic healthcare.
Joining the Women’s Health and Empowerment Circle is possible with your gift of $1,000 to Virginia Hospital Center, and your pledge of support at that level over 5 years. You may designate your gift to support any Virginia Hospital Center area or program.
- The knowledge that you are empowering and educating women about healthcare
- Recognition in Cornerstone newsletter, Virginia Hospital Center’s Wall of Honor and the Virginia Hospital Center Foundation website
- Invitations to WHEC educational and social events
- Opportunities to engage with Hospital leaders, doctors and volunteers
- Assistance with making your Hospital visit as worry-free as possible
Partners in Philanthropy
WHEC Supports Upgrades to Mammography Screening Equipment
In December 2014, the Women’s Health and Empowerment Circle (WHEC) concluded a tremendously successful first year filled with events, making friends, and raising money in support of critical healthcare initiatives at Virginia Hospital Center and the Arlington Pediatric Center (APC). Read this article