Virginia Hospital Center Recognition
- Virginia Hospital Center was selected as a 2013 Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics™. This national ranking is one of the most prestigious in healthcare and is based on metrics such as patient safety, patient experience, health outcomes, quality of care, and cost efficiency.
- Recently named one of the Nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. The only hospital in the Washington, DC Metropolitan region to receive this honor.
- Ranked as the Top Hospital in the Commonwealth of Virginia (#1) for patient satisfaction, as measured by the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey.
- Named a 2013 Top 100 by Healthstrong. Each year iVantage Health Analytics ranks all 4,400+ U.S. general acute care hospitals through their national ratings and analytics program which produces their Hospital Strength Index. This ranking measures each hospital’s relative performance through an objective, quantitative measurement framework based on publicly available data.
- Virginia Hospital Center received the highest score of an “A” in the 2013 Leapfrog Hospital Safety ScoreSM program. The Hospital Safety Score program, which is derived from 26 evidence‐based national measures of hospital safety, grades hospitals’ overall performance in keeping patients safe from preventable harm and medical errors.
- Named a top 100 Hospital for patient satisfaction by Women Certified®, and named the top hospital in the Greater Washington, DC Metro Area.
- The Hospital holds the highest ranking in Northern Virginia and is ranked #1 in the DC metro market, as rated by CareChex® Hospital Quality Ratings (2012).
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award for being ranked among the top 10% in the nation for Outstanding Patient Experience Award in 2012.
- The Commission on Cancer (CoC) has awarded Virginia Hospital Center’s Cancer Program with the prestigious Outstanding Achievement Award (OAA).
- Virginia Hospital Center’s NICU achieved a Level IIIB status by the American Academy of Pediatrics in 2012.
- and more...
All Awards & Recognition >