Virginia Hospital Center Recognition
- For the second year in a row, Virginia Hospital Center has been named one of America's 100 Top Hospitals for 2014 by Truven Health Analytics, the nation's leading independent organization that evaluates nearly 3,000 U.S. hospitals. We are one of only two hospitals in the Virginia/Washington DC/Baltimore region to be so named and are honored to be recognized as part of this elite group.
- For the second year in a row, Virginia Hospital Center has been named one of the Nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. We are the only hospital in the Washington, DC metropolitan region and the state of Virginia to be recognized with this honor. Click here to learn more about Cardiac Care at Virginia Hospital Center.
- Received Magnet® Recognition granted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The ANCC’s Magnet Recognition Program® is the highest level of acknowledgement of a healthcare organization’s quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
- Virginia Hospital Center has been honored for a second year in a row, earning the prestigious Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Experience in inpatient care. This award recognizes Virginia Hospital Center’s mission to be the best hospital and is based on overall patient satisfaction and HCAHPS results, reported by our patients. These results were consistently better than 95% of hospitals in the nation throughout a year-long period.
- Virginia Hospital Center received full accreditation with commendation from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer (CoC), 2014-2017
- The Pathology Department earned the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) accreditation for Transfusion Services – 2014-2016
- Ranked as the Top Hospital in the Commonwealth of Virginia (#1) for patient satisfaction, as measured by the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey.
- Named a 2013 Top 100 by Healthstrong. Each year iVantage Health Analytics ranks all 4,400+ U.S. general acute care hospitals through their national ratings and analytics program which produces their Hospital Strength Index. This ranking measures each hospital’s relative performance through an objective, quantitative measurement framework based on publicly available data.
- Virginia Hospital Center received the highest score of an “A” in the 2013 Leapfrog Hospital Safety ScoreSM program. The Hospital Safety Score program, which is derived from 26 evidence‐based national measures of hospital safety, grades hospitals’ overall performance in keeping patients safe from preventable harm and medical errors.
- Named one of the Top 100 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs for 2013 by Becker’s Hospital Review.
- Named a top 100 Hospital for patient satisfaction by Women Certified®, and named the top hospital in the Greater Washington, DC Metro Area.
- The Hospital holds the highest ranking in Northern Virginia and is ranked #1 in the DC metro market, as rated by CareChex® Hospital Quality Ratings (2012).
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award for being ranked among the top 10% in the nation for Outstanding Patient Experience Award in 2012.
- The Commission on Cancer (CoC) has awarded Virginia Hospital Center’s Cancer Program with the prestigious Outstanding Achievement Award (OAA).
- Virginia Hospital Center’s NICU achieved a Level IIIB status by the American Academy of Pediatrics in 2012.
- and more...
All Awards & Recognition >