Affiliated with most major nursing programs in the area, including Georgetown, George Mason University, Marymount University, George Washington University and Northern Virginia Community College, Virginia Hospital Center boasts a rich environment for continued learning and development for nursing students and working professional nurses alike.
We offer generous tuition reimbursement benefits for university-level coursework and for approved seminars and other continuing education programs for our nursing staff. In addition, we frequently provide on-site workshops and classes.
Virginia Hospital Center offers special programs and opportunities for nursing students and recent graduates, including the Friends of Nursing Scholarship Fund, Nursing Student Preceptorships and Graduate Nurse Fellowships.
Nursing Student Scholarship Program
A scholarship program designed to support nursing students who will commit to working at Virginia Hospital Center in the Division of Patient Care Services after graduation for a minimum of two years (4160 hours).
Up to $5000 (depending upon assessed tuition) to be awarded for the 2015-2016 Academic Year.
- Nursing Student Scholarship Application
- Statement of your future goals and why you are applying for this scholarship
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a clinical instructor and one from your current PCD or APCD
- Official transcript from your nursing program
Please hand-deliver to:
Nursing Recruitment at Virginia Hospital Center
1701 N. George Mason Drive
Arlington, Virginia 22205 – 3698
*Please Note: Candidates with current disciplinary action cannot be considered for scholarship awards.
For more information about citeria and conditions, please click on the link below to expand or collapse.
Criteria & Conditions
- Current permanent employment with Virginia Hospital Center is required to be eligible. Contract employees cannot be considered. Employee must have completed their 90 day probationary period and not have active discipline in order to be considered.
- Full-Time Nursing students of an accredited Bachelors Degree Nursing Program (or higher) with a graduation date of December 2015 or later are eligible.
- 3.0 Grade Point Average for the previous two full semesters or 30-36 academic credits. An official transcript must be submitted. A transcript from the student's high school must be submitted for a newly enrolled student.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. One letter must be provided from a clinical faculty member describing clinical skills. One letter must be provided from the employee’s current PCD or APCD.
- Written commitment to work at Virginia Hospital Center in the Division of Patient Care Services for a minimum of two years (4160 hours) following graduation for each $5,000 or portion thereof received.
- Written agreement to respond to inquiries regarding academic progress including official transcripts covering academic work since the scholarship award.
- Employment as a Registered Nurse at Virginia Hospital Center should begin at the first available new graduate program following graduation.
- Employment will be offered based on positions available at the time of the student's graduation. If there are no positions available, or if the Hospital is unable to offer a position, the obligation to the Hospital will be considered satisfied. The money awarded would not have to be repaid.
- The scholarship recipient must take licensing exam at the first available date following graduation.
- Scholarship recipients who do not fulfill their commitment to be employed, or do not complete their academic program are required to repay scholarship monies in full within three months of graduation, or withdraw from the program.