Nursing Student Scholarship Program
Affiliated with most major nursing programs in the area, including Georgetown, George Mason University, Marymount University, George Washington University and Northern Virginia Community College, Virginia Hospital Center boasts a rich environment for continued learning and development for nursing students and working professional nurses alike.
We offer generous tuition reimbursement benefits for university-level coursework and for approved seminars and other continuing education programs for our nursing staff. In addition, we frequently provide on-site workshops and classes.
Virginia Hospital Center offers special programs and opportunities for nursing students and recent graduates, including the Friends of Nursing Scholarship Fund, Nursing Student Preceptorships and Graduate Nurse Fellowships.
A scholarship program designed to support nursing students in BSN or higher programs who will commit to working at Virginia Hospital Center after graduation for a minimum of two years (4160 hours).
Up to $5000 (depending upon assessed tuition) to be awarded for the 2016 - 2017 Academic Year.
Applications must be submitted no later than January 31st, 2016.
- Full-Time Nursing students of an accredited Bachelors Degree Nursing Program (or higher) with a graduation date of May 2016 or later are eligible.
- 3.0 Grade Point Average for the previous two full semesters or 30-36 academic credits. Transcript from a current nursing program must be submitted. A transcript from the student's high school must be submitted for a newly enrolled student.
- Two letters of recommendation from clinical instructors describing clinical skills are required.
- Written commitment to work at Virginia Hospital Center for a minimum of two years (4160 hours) following graduation for each $5,000 or portion thereof received.
- Written agreement to respond to inquiries regarding academic progress including official transcripts covering academic work since the scholarship award.
- Internal Applicants:
- Current permanent employees with Virginia Hospital Center are eligible. Employee must have completed their 90-day probationary period and not have active discipline in order to be considered.
- One of the letters of recommendation must be from your PCD or APCD.
- Employment as a Registered Nurse at Virginia Hospital Center should begin at the first available new graduate program following graduation.
- Employment will be offered based on positions available at the time of the student's graduation. If there are no positions available, or if the Hospital is unable to offer a position, the obligation to the Hospital will be considered satisfied. The money awarded would not have to be repaid.
- The scholarship recipient must take the licensing exam at the first available date following graduation.
- Scholarship recipients who do not fulfill their commitment to be employed, or do not complete their academic program are required to repay scholarship monies in full within three months of graduation or withdraw from the program.
Please hand-deliver to:
Virginia Hospital Center
1715 N. George Mason Drive, Suite 108
Arlington, Virginia 22205 – 3698
For more information please contact Recruitment at 703.558.8109