Nursing Student Scholarship Program
A scholarship program designed to support nursing students who will commit to working at Virginia Hospital Center in the Division of Patient Care Services after graduation for a minimum of two years in a full time status.
Up to $5000 (depending upon assessed tuition) to be awarded for the 2014-2015 Academic Year.
Applications must be submitted no later than March 14th, 2014
- Full-Time Nursing students in their senior year of an accredited Associate Degree Program with a graduation date of August 2014 or later, or students entering their junior/senior year in the process of obtaining a BSN degree are eligible. Second degree students who are enrolled in a program leading to a BSN are eligible to apply.
- 3.0 Grade Point Average for the previous two full semesters or 30-36 academic credits. An official transcript must be submitted. A transcript from the student's high school must be submitted for a newly enrolled student.
- Letters of recommendation describing clinical skills from two faculty members from unrelated clinical areas must be submitted. The high school applicant must submit two letters of reference from counseling/faculty members describing the student's strengths.
- Written commitment to work at Virginia Hospital Center in the Division of Patient Care Services for a minimum of two years in a full time status following graduation. The two year commitment runs concurrent with the Fellowship commitment that is required for all new RN graduates. Application for employment must be submitted with application for scholarship.
- Written agreement to respond to inquiries regarding academic progress including official transcripts covering academic work since the scholarship award.
- An interview with the Chief Nursing Officer/Vice President for Patient Care Services or designated others.
- Virginia Hospital Center employees may not use tuition reimbursement and scholarship awards in the same year.
- Employment at Virginia Hospital Center should begin at the first available new graduate fellowship program following graduation.
- Employment will be offered based on positions available at the time of the student's graduation. If there are no positions available, or if the Hospital is unable to offer a position, the obligation to the Hospital will be considered satisfied. The money awarded would not have to be repaid.
- The scholarship recipient must take licensing exam at the first available date following graduation.
- Scholarship recipients who do not fulfill their commitment to be employed, or do not complete their academic program are required to repay scholarship monies in full within three months of graduation, or withdraw from the program.
For more information please contact Nurse Recruitment at 703.558.8109