Health Fair Services
Mini-Health Fairs include the following:
- Blood Pressure: How hard does your heart have to work? $60 per hour
- Body Fat: What percentage body fat do you have? A FUTREX device measures body fat painlessly, by passing an infrared light through your bicep. $60 per hour
- Health Age Profile: Are you older or younger than your chronological age? Find out whether your health habits are adding or taking away from your life expectancy. $75 per hour
- Flexibility or Grip Strength: Find out how far you can "sit and reach" or how strong your grip is. $60 per hour
- Stress Booth: Use a bio-dot to determine your stress level. Make a "stress-balloon". Pick up information on how to assess and reduce stress. $40 per hour
Choice of 2 of the following educational booths:
- Women's and Men's Health Booth: Hands-on booth provides a varietyofinformation on cancer reduction, heart health and disease prevention.
- Nutrition: Choose from the following displays:
- "Dining Out"
- "Portion Distortion"
- "Hidden Nutrients" (includes fat, sugar, sodium, fiber & calcium)
- "MyPlate" (based on USDA nutritional guidelines)
- Diabetes Education (basic info.,prevention tips & healthyeatingfor diabetics)
- Smoking Education (includes tips on quitting)
- Heart Health Education
- Sleep Education
Mini-Health Fair: $225 per hour. Call 703.558.6740 to schedule.
Cholestec: Finger-stick method gives results in minutes!
- Total and HDL (good) cholesterol, $19 per person
- Total, HDL & Glucose, $21 per person
- Total, HDL, LDL & Triglyceride, $23 per person
- Total, HDL, LDL, Triglyceride & Glucose, $25 per person
Additional Screenings: Choose one or combine several.
- Flu Shots: $25 per person
- Hand Washing: How well do you protect yourself from germs? Experiment with glitter bug powder to teach the importance of hand washing. $60 per hour
- Metabolism Screening: The MedGem indirect calorimeter by Healthe Tech is a handheld device that determines your unique Metabolic Fingerprint(TM). A Metabolic Fingerprint(TM) or resting metabolism accounts for as much as 75% of the calories an individual burns everyday, which is critical information for personalizing any health and wellness plan. Virginia Hospital Center is the only Hospital in the area that offers this screening. Cost $30 per person
- Bone Density: Measure risk of osteoporosis using ultrasound of the heel bone. $30 per person
- Dermascan: Use non-invasive black-light to find sun damage on your face and neck. $60 per hour
- A1C Diabetes screening: Fingerstick blood test w/immediate results. $25 per person
- TSH screening for Hypothyroidism: Fingerstick blood test w/immediate results. $25 per person
- PSA: Blood draw provides screening for prostate cancer. $25 per person
- Drinking Goggles: "Walk the line" while wearing these goggles to simulate alcohol impairment while you are sober. $60 per hour
- Vision Screening: Check your eyesight, do you need glasses? $60 per hour
- Hearing Screening: A quick test to check your hearing. $60 per hour
- Interactive Fitness Booth: Learn about the benefits of exercise. Talk with a fitness professional, get tips to create a well-rounded exercise program, and learn how to keep fit at your desk! $60 per hour
- Pulmonary Function: Using the EasyOne Spirometer, determine whether or not you have normal lung function. $15 per person
Wellness Profile Screenings
($75 per hour - Please choose one per event)
- Cancer Risk Profile
- Heart Health Profile
- Nutrition Profile
- Osteoporosis Profile
- Stress & Coping Profile
Call 703.558.6740 to schedule wellness profile screenings.