Virginia Hospital Center has been recognized as an Emergency Center of Excellence
, a national designation that has only been awarded to eight hospitals in the nation.
The Emergency Department at Virginia Hospital Center has been selected as a Lantern Award
recipient by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) – 2013-2016.
Virginia Hospital Center received the Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award
and recognized specifically in two categories – Inpatient and Emergency Department, and we were the only hospital in Virginia to receive this award – 2013.
If you think you are having a MEDICAL EMERGENCY that needs attention, CALL 911.
A heart attack. A fall at a construction site. A child's severe asthma attack... Without warning, medical emergencies strike, triggering the need for immediate, expert attention.
At Virginia Hospital Center, you can get the care you need in a facility prepared to handle the toughest emergencies and provide personalized care. Our 36-bed unit provides the best of emergency care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Not every decision made in the Emergency Department is a matter of life and death, but each is critical to the Hospital's ability to provide efficient, top-notch care.
Our Emergency Medicine facility includes:
- A 28-bed primary unit
- A 8-bed Express Care unit for less urgent cases
- Sophisticated on-site equipment including cardiac monitors, portable monitoring equipment, ventilators, and a testing laboratory.
- Dedicated X-ray room with technician in the Emergency Department.
Equipped with state-of-the-art decontamination facilities, including:
- Decontamination showers
- Six negative pressure rooms
As part of Virginia Hospital Center, a leading full-service Hospital, we can:
- Perform all diagnostics and emergency patient needs without delay, including sonograms and CT scans.
- Have some tests sent electronically to our computers for immediate readings.
- Provide medical subspecialty consulting and treatment 24 hours a day—including cardiac catheterization, interventional radiology, OB/GYN, and surgery.
- Arrange, as needed, seamless admission to the hospital for quality in-patient care.
Unlike other emergency facilities, virtually all Emergency Medicine patients who need inpatient care can be admitted right here. No transfer. No hassle.
Call ER registration at 703.558.6168.