Weight Loss Surgery
Virginia Hospital Center offers a Comprehensive Weight Loss Surgery Program designed to provide the highest quality of care to the morbidly obese patient.
Our bariatric surgeons, J. R.Salameh, MD, FACS (Medical Director), James Mayes, MD, FACS and C. Steeve David, MD have experience in weight loss surgery. They offer a number of weight loss surgical options including Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding (Lap-Band® and Realize Band®), Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy and Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass.
If you are a morbidly obese patient who has repeatedly failed more conservative weight reduction alternatives such as supervised diet, medications, exercise, and behavior-modification programs, then you may consider one of these weight loss surgical options.
The Weight Loss Surgery Program is a well-structured and multidisciplinary program which includes, in addition to surgical weight loss procedures, a number of other critical elements to help ensure a successful long-term weight loss:
- Nutritional evaluation and education
- Psychological evaluation and support
- Body fat analysis
- Support group meetings
- Medically supervised weight loss program
- Exercise and health promotion programs
- Specialty services thoroughly familiar with the obese patient's needs (anesthesiology, radiology, endocrinology, cardiology, plastic surgery, etc.)