The Patient Navigator Program is a complimentary service that expands the oncology support provided by Virginia Hospital Center. We recognize that a diagnosis of cancer often leaves patients and families overwhelmed by the many decisions to be made concerning treatment and care.
The Patient Navigator Program guides patients through the various departments and service lines involved with their treatment and enables patients to better manage a cancer diagnosis by connecting them with additional resources and support. The Patient Navigator Program serves to:
- Connect patients and families to resources and support services
- Enhance the patient's quality of life, sense of autonomy and self-determination for managing a cancer diagnosis
- Guide patients through the healthcare system, assist in making appointments and help patients arrive at appointments on time and prepared
- Facilitate interaction and communication between patients and healthcare providers
- Provide emotional support and coordination of services to patients and family members throughout the continuum of care
- Provide information on each patient's cancer-specific diagnosis and treatment