A Superior Cardiac Patient Experience
Bypass surgery patients at Virginia Hospital Center go home nearly one day sooner.
Winter 2014 | Page 2
As a patient at Virginia Hospital Center, a 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital, you can feel confident that you are receiving top quality cardiac care. The benefits for patients treated at the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals are significant*:
- Much higher survival rates, particularly for patients undergoing bypass surgeries and angioplasties (CABG and PCI).
- Substantially fewer complications than comparative hospitals.
- Better long-term outcomes. Patients had significantly better 30-day survival rates.
- A shorter hospital stay. 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals are more efficient. Bypass surgery patients go home nearly one day sooner. Heart attack, heart failure and angioplasty patients go home one-half day sooner.
- Treatment based on nationallyrecognized standards of excellence. Winning hospitals followed nationallymandated patient care guidelines over 98 percent of the time.
- Less chance of being readmitted to the hospital within 30 days.
- Lower costs. 50 Top Hospitals achieve all of the above clinical gains while keeping costs lower. On average, the winning hospitals spent nearly $2,200 less per bypass surgery and $1,200 less per admitted heart attack patient.
Cardiac Catheterization Lab
* Truven Health Analytics 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals Study, 15th Edition, November 4, 2013
Louise Sands Olmstead Cardiac Catheterization Lab
Heart Services | Subscribe to Newsletter